
The next genre we picked was spy thrillers, from the old-school to the new-wave, from the comic to the bizarre.
1. The 39 Steps (1935)
2. Ronin (1998)
3. From Russia with Love (1963)
4. Sneakers (1992)
5. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)
6. Spies Like Us (1985)
7. The Bourne Identity (2002)
(Incidentally, I like all of the Bourne movies, and I can't say that about many other trilogies. Maybe Back to the Future and LOTR. Before AC can comment, I'll 'fess up that I haven't seen the Godfather II and III, but that doesn't bode well for me adding it to the list. Star Wars and Harry Potter go beyond trilogies, but I still don't think they're as consistently good. Same holds for Indiana Jones, Ocean's 11/12/13, the Die Hards, and the Matrix flicks. In my humble opinion, of course.)
No argument, all the Bournes are good. The other series you mentioned have at least one stinker apiece. LOTR doesn't count, it's one long movie. Godfather 3 was awful.
ReplyDeleteThe Spy Who Came In From the Cold?
ReplyDelete